Spring break.
Randy and I went to the Scion rock festival last weekend in Atlanta, which was cool except: 1) We arrived at the Masquerade at 6:30 AM to ensure that we were able to get in. Little did we know, the occupancy was never an issue, and meant that we would stand in the rain and cold for six and a half hours until the first band started. 2) I lost my wallet. Fortunately, no money lost. 3) The next morning, it snowed HARD on the drive back to Macon, and I almost had a serious collision on I-75 (Georgia NEVER has proper snow). Other than that, everything was groovy. All the bands I saw were awesome. The Boris, Krallice, Torche, and Neurosis sets were fucking amazing. Baroness actually pleasantly surprised me with an awesome 40 minutes. Later on I met a few of Randall's friends in Atlanta and smoked good jambi. Another out of towner staying with one of the ATL friends was into a few of the same Floridian bands as I am, and surprised me by divulging that his label released the Mehkago LP.
Scored a Logical Nonsense LP yesterday that was unopened with a 97-98 Alternative Tentacles mailorder list inside. Too bad AT excels at shitty packaging.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Scion rock festival in Atlanta? Why did I never hear about such a thing?!
Post a Comment